Who we are
We are a Zürich-based design and development studio for human data interaction. We help organizations create experiences that make data understandable and actionable for everyone. Always putting people at the center of attention. We serve a broad range of clients in media, technology, healthcare, academia, government, and humanitarianism. Since 2010, UNESCO, OECD, WHO, Samsung, Swisscom, and many others trust us with their most ambitious work.
People who work at Interactive Things are passionate about their craft and collaborating with a team that brings together different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Continuous improvement is at our core; we foster an environment where people can learn from each other and contribute to every aspect of the company. Our team is open to sharing what we do and know with the wider community.
Find out more about our purpose.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced project manager for digital products (all genders) to join our team. You will act as the linchpin between our design and development team and our clients. We have no formal education requirements for this position; we’re interested in you, regardless whether you have an appropriate academic degree or are self-taught. What is most important to us is that you care deeply about helping technical teams to stay creative and productive and understand how clear communication and calm management enables great work.
What you’ll achieve
- Facilitate collaboration: You keep all involved experts aligned by facilitating the communication and collaboration. You manage the project environment, organize and supply the team with needed information and materials, identify and remove impediments from the project team.
- Monitor project progress: You are the source of truth for all your projects' key metrics. You plan project timelines with phases and milestones, control project progress in scope, time, and budget, ensure project constraints are respected or adjusted, and identify and mitigate project risks.
- Escort our team: You are the guardian of the project team and make sure that they can focus on production work as much as possible. You prepare and conduct project briefings and retrospectives, prioritize and assign work packages, and support estimating the remaining workload. After the project, you celebrate our successes with the team and document our learnings.
- Advise our clients: You are the first point of contact for our clients, respond to their inquiries, and manage their expectations. You plan, moderate and document client meetings, report project status, handle change requests and get approvals, and maintain product and project backlogs in collaboration with client's product owners.
- Grow the business: You help growing our business by fostering a good relationship with our clients. You identify opportunities for extending running projects or for creating follow-up projects based on product backlogs, potential improvement ideas, and the need for product support and maintenance.
What we expect from you
- Agile product development: You have professional experience in managing and leading projects where digital products have been built, according to agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban. Ideally, you have worked in a similar role in a professional environment like a design agency or a software engineering studio.
- Strong leadership: You are confident in your ability to lead the project team, make project-related decisions, and steer the product in the right direction. Your leadership style promotes a positive and supportive work environment, encouraging collaboration and innovation.
- Excellent communication: You communicate fluently, confidently, and effectively in English and German, both verbally and in writing. You are client- and solution-focused, and eager to work collaboratively within a team of individuals from diverse fields. You have the ability to align opinions towards a unified vision with empathy and sensitivity.
- Organizational talent: Your work results are well-organized and documented with great attention to detail. You enjoy working with established processes, but you’re not afraid to refine practices and guidelines as shortcomings or better solutions become evident.
- Analytical thinking: Working with numbers, spreadsheets, and schedules comes second nature to you. You take decisions and base arguments on facts rather than assumptions. You are used to analyze and interpret data and you have a basic understanding of statistics.
- Proactive nature: With your proactive and attentive nature you identify opportunities for improvement even outside your area of responsibility. In hectic situations you stay flexible to identify and tackle the most important task first and plan the next steps accordingly.
- Bonus — knowledge of web technology: You have a base knowledge of web technologies, how web apps are being built and how data is stored.
What we offer
- Fair pay: We offer a starting salary of CHF 88’000 – 100’000 per year including a comprehensive benefits package for this position.
- 40 hours workweek: We highly value a healthy work-life balance and offer a regular workweek of 40h on a 100% working schedule.
- Overtime compensation: We encourage and enable everyone on our team to compensate for overtime with personal time-off.
- Flexible work arrangement: We provide flexible working hours, the possibility to work part-time, and we are open to remote work, although some on-location presence is required.
- Paid company holidays: We offer company-wide holidays during the festive season in addition to four weeks of paid, personal vacation per year.
- Sabbatical Leave: We offer the possibility of taking a sabbatical leave during which we will continue to pay your social security contributions and insurance.
- Paid absences & parental leave: We offer two additional weeks of paid parental leave, including foster care and adoption. In the event of important family matters, we offer paid compassionate leave.
- Transparent salary system: We have a transparent salary and financial benefit system to ensure all employees are treated equally and fairly.
- Operating profit share: We share up to 30% of annual operating profits amongst each employee at the end of the fiscal year.
- Continuous education stipend: We sponsor the continuous education and professional development of each employee with a personal yearly budget of CHF 2’000.
- Ergonomic workspace: We supply all employees with a dedicated, ergonomic workspace and all the tools they need to conduct their work in our studio in Zürich.
- Free lunch, snacks & drinks: We cover expenses for lunch on workdays and our studio offers plenty of snacks and drinks at your discretion.
Hybrid work mode
We believe in the power of shared, collaborative spaces but also value the flexibility of working remotely. This is why we live a hybrid work mode at our company. Two days a week you will be working at our beautiful studio in Zürich equipped with your own ergonomic workspace. Here you will experience a friendly and respectful environment where people matter the most. On the other workdays, you are free to work remotely. Plus, we offer up to 8 weeks per year of full remote work, where no in-person presence at our studio is required.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important to us. We welcome all candidates irrespective of their identities, qualities, and experiences. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical conditions, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. When in doubt, please apply!
We only consider personal, direct applications. No agencies and recruiters, please.