Who we are
We are a Zürich-based design and development studio for human data interaction. We help organizations create products and services that make data understandable and actionable for everyone. Always putting people at the center of attention. We work with a broad range of clients in journalism, academia, technology, healthcare, government and humanitarianism.
People who work at Interactive Things are passionate about their craft but also about collaborating with a team which brings together different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Continuous improvement is at our core; we foster an environment where people can learn from each other and contribute to every aspect of the company. Our team is open to share what we know with the wider community.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced project manager for digital products (f/m/x) to join our team. You will act as the linchpin between our design and development team and our clients. We have no formal education requirements for this position; we’re interested in you, regardless whether you have an appropriate academic degree or are self-taught. What is most important to us is that you care deeply about helping technical teams to stay creative and productive and understand how clear communication and calm management enables great work.
- Facilitate Collaboration: You keep all involved experts aligned by facilitating the communication and collaboration. You manage the project environment, organize and supply the team with needed information and materials, identify and remove impediments from the project team.
- Monitor Progress: You are the source of truth for all your projects' key metrics. You plan project timelines with phases and milestones, control project progress in scope, time, and budget, ensure project constraints are respected or adjusted, and identify and mitigate project risks.
- Escort Team: You are the guardian of the project team and make sure that they can focus on production work as much as possible. You prepare and conduct project briefings and retrospectives, prioritize and assign work packages, and support estimating the remaining workload. After the project, you celebrate our successes with the team and document our learnings.
- Advise Clients: You are the first point of contact for our clients, respond to their inquiries, and manage their expectations. You plan, moderate and document client meetings, report project status, handle change requests and get approvals, and maintain product and project backlogs in collaboration with client's product owners.
- Grow Business: You help growing our business by fostering a good relationship with our clients. You identify opportunities for extending running projects or for creating follow-up projects based on product backlogs, potential improvement ideas, and the need for product support and maintenance.
- Agile Product Development: You have at least 2 years of professional experience in managing and leading projects where digital products have been built, according to agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban. Ideally, you have worked in a similar role in a professional environment like a design agency or a software engineering studio.
- Excellent Communication: You communicate fluently in English and German in a clear, honest and confident manner. You are client focused and eager to work within a team with people from different fields and are able to align opinions in a unified vision with empathy and sensibility.
- Organizational Talent: Your work results are well-organized and documented with great attention to detail. You enjoy working with established processes, but you’re not afraid to refine practices and guidelines as shortcomings or better solutions become evident.
- Analytical Thinking: Working with numbers, spreadsheets, and schedules comes second nature to you. You take decisions and base arguments on facts rather than assumptions. You are used to analyze and interpret data and you have a basic understanding of statistics.
- Proactive Nature: With your proactive and attentive nature you identify opportunities for improvement even outside your area of responsibility. In hectic situations you stay flexible to identify and tackle the most important task first and plan the next steps accordingly.
- Bonus – Knowledge of Web Technology: You have a base knowledge of web technologies, how web apps are being built and how data is stored.